Alternate history or alternative history (British English), sometimes abbreviated as AH or Althist, is a genre of fiction consisting of stories in which one or more historical events occur differently from reality. These stories usually contain "what if" scenarios at crucial points in history (such as an Axis victory in WW 2) and present an outcome of events alternative to historical record Wikipedia: Alternate history.
These games are a user collaborative alternate history type of game. A starting map, scenario and rules are posted by the game’s creator at the start of the game. The players take turns competing with each other by posting a series of dated alternate historical events beneath the map and making changes to the map when relevant, as they act out their plans on how to run the world and outsmart their rival at military, economy, treaties, political, spots, space tech, exploration plans, declaring war to other nations, making alliances, moving the nation's troops or improvements on the nation's wealth, infrastucture and quality;etc; (as if they were a real head of state).
As time passes the events will making changes to the map and modify the statistical values of the nations.
There are seven basic types
- Real Life- Events in reality, such as the American Civil War.
- Altered real Life- Reality altered, such as the CSA won the American Civil War.
- Scifi and Aliens- Aliens, warp-drive, borg and the like, such as Hitler invites E.T. to join the Reich.
- TV\game\film franchise- Such as Stargate SG-1, Mario Broths. and Star Wars.
- Fantasy and the like- such as unicorns, gnomes, dragons, wizards and the like.
- Realistic apocalyptic- such as post-atomic holocaust, post-super-meteor strike, a plague world and the like.
- ASB apocalyptic- such as a zombie world, an alien invaded world and the like.
- We do types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 here.
How to play it
- Firstly read the rules, scenario and past turns.
- Chose a nation\organisation.
- Put your name beside the nation (vessels and colonies included) you want to play as.
- Look up a few things about it on Wikipedia.
- Think of a policy idea.
- Find the last round and open that page for editing.
- Put your turn stating your idea as to what you want your nation\organisation to at the end of the list.
- Post the page.
- See what happens and respond later with further posts if necessary.
- Wait until the next round begins.
- Follow steps 5 to 11 in all future turns.